IT Governance is a critical issue and essential part of accountability that monitoring and governing it effectively is likely to a director’s basic duty of care and diligence. Implementation has been a challenge, with only few organizations are satisfied with the value of their effort towards IT Governance. This is mostly due to several hidden development and operational implication that underlines the need for broader organizational integration that concern numerous processes, systems and stakeholders.
This 5 Day training “IT Governance” shall equip participants with valuable practical knowledge to address key issues and discuss best practices that include; achieving IT Governance strategic alignment towards organizational strategies, demonstrating IT investment value delivery, effectively managing IT resources for optimum results with minimum cost, establishing IT risk management practices and assessment of IT performance measurements. This course employs a combination of instructor-led sessions, case studies, group exercises, scenarios and discussions.
Specifically participants will be able to: -
· Distinguishing Corporate Governance from IT Governance.
· Recognizing IT Governance, IT Management and IT Production.
· Describing IT Governance: strategic alignment, value delivery, risk management, performance management.
· Reviewing the available IT Governance Frameworks: CoBIT, ITIL, COSO, CMMI.
· Dealing with little or no business value from IT investments due to poor strategic alignments with organization objectives;
· Dealing with inefficiencies due to the lack of ownership and leadership from senior management.
· Addressing ineffective resource management: Ensuring optimum results at minimum cost.
· Establishing internal or external audits: IT compliance with organization’s policies, standards, procedures, overall objectives
· Embedding IT Risk Management: Ensuring regular IT assessment and Reporting on IT-related risk and organizational impact.
· Aligning IT strategies: Enabling the board and senior management to understand strategic IT issues.
· Demonstrating value delivery: Discussing IT investment needs and benefits.
· Assessing IT performance: Identifying IT project objectives, Reviewing deliverables and Addressing shortfalls.
This training is designed for Board of Directors, Trustees, ICT Management, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Finance Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Directors, Head of Departments, Enterprise Architects with interest in IT strategy, processes and systems.
Date: 11th to 15th December 2017 Venue: Arusha, Tanzania